Connect on | https://bengaluruvegans.wordpress.com/ | https://www.facebook.com/groups/veganbengaluru | https://bit.ly/BengaluruVegans (Google+) | email@example.com | Telegram group
We have a twin event this Saturday. The Bengaluru Vegans potluck at Cubbon Park in the afternoon, and Dr. Will Tuttle’s talk and piano concert from 6 p.m. at St. Mark’s Cathedral, which is right opposite Cubbon Park and just a few minutes walk from where we have the potluck. Note that the talk and piano concert are free, but you must register for it (click here). Dr. Will Tuttle is a speaker, educator, musician and author of the best selling book “The World Peace Diet”.
The Bengaluru Vegans potluck is an informal gathering of people who are vegans, recent vegans, interested in veganism or are curious about veganism. Meet new people, learn how to go vegan, learn about vegan living and vegan alternatives, discuss issues and strategies, enjoy good food, and have a good time knowing there are many like minded people around.
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Landmarks: Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium, Government Aquarium (inside Cubbon Park), Bal Bhavan (inside Cubbon Park)
Click here to view the map
If you’re attending the potluck for the first time, please do take a few minutes to read the following important information.
We will be meeting between 2 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. at Rani Park (lawn across the road from the Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium, behind the Victoria statue, near the M G Road/Kasturba Road junction) and have the picnic spread there.
If you need further help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact number and we’ll contact you to guide you and provide information. If you are attending the potluck for the first time, we *strongly* encourage you to do this so that you don’t miss us at Cubbon Park. Please make sure that you email at least two days in advance.
1. *All* species are welcome! 🙂 You don’t have to be vegan to attend the potluck. You can join us even if you’re just curious about a vegan lifestyle or are interested to learn about veganism and its positive impacts.
2. Please bring one or more 100% vegan dishes to share. We usually have about 15-20 people attending. Bring enough food for 5-6 people to eat well and that’ll be enough.
3. The food could be something you have prepared or purchased. If you’ve purchased any food, please make sure there’s an ingredients list on the package so we can be assured that it is vegan. Companies change the ingredients in their products somewhat often, so kindly be careful.
4. If you’re unsure about what to bring then the best bets are fresh fruits and fruit juices. Everyone appreciates fruits and juices. 🙂
5. Please bring plates, glasses, bowls, forks, spoons and water for yourself. Everyone brings their own.
6. Please avoid plastic bags and non-recyclable packaging, plates, cutlery, etc. These are very harmful for animals as well as humans.
7. Come, relax, and enjoy the food and conversation!
Looking forward to meeting everyone. 🙂
You can expect us to be at Rani Park between 2 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
The Bengaluru Vegans potlucks/meetings happen on the last Saturday of every month, except in the month of December when we don’t have one.