This month, the Vegan Bengaluru Potluck will be at Cubbon Park on Saturday, 26th November 2011. At 2pm, we will meet at the Victoria Statue near the Bal Bhavan entrance of Cubbon Park and then move to the lawn behind the statue (across the road from the cricket stadium). We will wait until 2:30 for people to arrive, settle in and chat with each other and then share lunch together.
On Saturday morning, before coming to Cubbon Park for the potluck, some members of Vegan Bengaluru will be attending the Queer Habba/Bangalore Pride Mela. Veganism is about being compassionate and caring towards *all* animals, including humans. In this spirit if you would like to join us in supporting diversity and equality then you are welcome to meet us at Sowmya Reddy’s vegan baked goods stall at the Mela at 11:30 am. The Mela is at Rococo, Rest House Road (off Brigade Road) and we will be going from there to Cubbon Park for the potluck at 2pm.
Here’s some information about the Vegan Bengaluru potlucks:
1. *All* are welcome! 🙂 You don’t necessarily have to be vegan to attend the potluck event. Even if you’re just curious about a vegan lifestyle or interested to learn about veganism you can join us.
2. You *MUST* bring a 100% vegan dish to share. Everyone brings something so it won’t be fair if you walk in empty handed.
3. It would be nice if you bring a vegan dish that is prepared by yourself; however, if you are unable to cook then feel free to carry food which you have purchased.
4. If you’ve purchased the food, then make sure there’s an ingredients list on the package so we can be assured that it is vegan. Particularly if you’re a first time attendee who is not vegan, please don’t expect us to take your word for it that the food you’ve purchased is completely vegan.
5. If you’re unsure about what to bring then the best bet is fresh fruits or fruit juices. Everyone appreciates fruits. 🙂
6. Please bring plates, bowls, forks, spoons, serving spoons, and glasses for yourself. Everyone brings their own.
7. Come, relax, and enjoy the food and conversation!
Looking forward to meeting everyone. 🙂
– The Vegan Bengaluru Team