This Saturday is our next potluck. Due to the lockdown, this potluck will be online, connecting people virtually from the comfort of wherever everyone is. It will also be for a much shorter duration than usual, so please join on time to avoid missing it. If you’ve never joined a potluck before because of traffic on the roads, this is a good chance to connect with others.
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020
Time: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (likely finishing well before 3 p.m.)
WHERE: ONLINE/VIRTUAL MEETING
HOW TO CONNECT
* Use a browser to connect to the virtual potluck video/audio call.
* Alternatively, you can also download the Jitsi app (iOS, Android) and join the event.
* Choose video or audio as per your comfort. Video is recommended at least to show the food you’re having.
* Note: It can be confusing when several people on a call speak simultaneously. Any background noises can also be disturbing. Please stay on mute whenever you’re not talking, and please remain aware of others talking and yield to them so that one person talks at any point in time.
* If you’re unable to join the call during this time, you may share your vegan potluck/food photos to email@example.com or post on the Telegram group. For assistance, it’s recommended that you’re on the Telegram group before the start time of the event.
What to share online:
1. Any vegan dish/beverage you have made or bought. Even fruits or fruit juices are fine.
2. Conversation, questions, your recipes, your knowledge, etc.
The Bengaluru Vegans potluck is an informal gathering of people who are vegans, recent vegans, interested in veganism or are curious about veganism. Meet new people, learn how to go vegan, learn about vegan living and vegan alternatives, discuss issues and strategies, enjoy good food, and have a good time with like minded people around. Bengaluru is the only city in India where vegan potlucks have been happening regularly like clockwork for several years, connecting vegans and pre-vegans!
Looking forward to meeting everyone online. 🙂
The Bengaluru Vegans potlucks/meetings happen on the last Saturday of every month, except in the month of December when we may have it on the second Saturday.
If you’ve read till here, why not connect and be in the loop on all things vegan in Bengaluru? You can:
* Follow the blog at https://bengaluruvegans.wordpress.com/
* Join the announcement mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Subscribe to the Telegram channel
* Join the low noise group on Telegram
* Follow and talk to Bengaluru Vegans on Pixelfed
* Follow and talk to Vegans In Bengaluru on Instagram
* And if Facebook is your sole choice, join the group there at https://www.facebook.com/groups/veganbengaluru