This Saturday, April 30, is our next potluck! The Bengaluru Vegans potluck is an informal gathering of people who are vegans, recent vegans, interested in veganism or are curious about veganism. Meet new people, learn how to go vegan, learn about vegan living and vegan alternatives, discuss issues and strategies, enjoy good food, and have a good time with like minded people around. Bengaluru is the only city in India where vegan potlucks have been happening regularly like clockwork for several years, connecting vegans and pre-vegans! *All* species are welcome, and you don’t have to be vegan to attend the potluck!
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Queen Victoria Park (also called Rani Park) inside Cubbon Park
This is the lawn across the road from the Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium, behind the Victoria statue, near the M G Road/Kasturba Road junction)
Closest Metro Station: Cubbon Park Metro Station is just a couple of minutes walk from this location.
Landmarks: Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium, Government Aquarium (inside Cubbon Park), Bal Bhavan (inside Cubbon Park)
Map: Click here to view the map (or type these map coordinates: 12.978637, 77.597868; or scroll down to the bottom to see the screenshot of the map and the location)
If you’re attending the potluck for the first time, please read the following important information. If you need further help, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact number and we’ll contact you to guide you and provide information. We *strongly encourage* first timers to do this so that you don’t miss it.
What to bring:
1. One or more vegan dishes/beverages (of any kind) to share. If you have purchased the food, please make sure there’s an ingredients list so we can be sure that it’s vegan. Companies change the ingredients in their products somewhat often, so kindly be careful. If you’re unsure, then the best bets are fresh fruits and fruit juices.
2. Plates, glasses, bowls, forks, spoons and water for yourself. Please also avoid plastic bags and non-recyclable packaging, plates, cutlery, etc. These are very harmful for animals as well as humans.
3. Mask and hand sanitizer. Please make sure you follow all safety precautions while traveling and at the location. We will follow adequate distancing at the event.
How much to bring:
Bring enough for about five people to have a filling meal. We share everything.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. 🙂
The Bengaluru Vegans potlucks/meetings happen on the last Saturday of every month, except in the month of December when we may have it on the second or third or last Saturday.
If you’ve read till here, why not connect and be in the loop on all things vegan in Bengaluru? You can:
* Follow the blog at https://bengaluruvegans.wordpress.com/
* Join the announcement mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com
* Subscribe to the Telegram channel
* Join the low noise group on Telegram
* Follow and talk to Bengaluru Vegans on Pixelfed
* And if Facebook is your sole choice, join the group there at https://www.facebook.com/groups/veganbengaluru
Screenshot of the map showing the location